Thursday, June 2, 2011

Successful Memorial Day Weekend!

First real test, went to a BBQ on Saturday. Hamburgers and hot dogs provided, everyone else brought whatever. I took a whole grain pasta dish. For just a quick moment, I thought, "Those smell good! That is rather tempting", and then I stopped myself and said, "No it's not!". I had a great meal and no meat, so a great success to have under the belt.

Had a repeat success on Monday when we got together with family for  a dutch oven dinner: pot roast, potatoes, carrots, salad etc. When offered a bite of meat when they were testing it out of the oven, I just said: "No thank you." So easy yet so effective!

Being a vegetarian isn't hard. Don't make a bit deal of it, eat everything else, and when offered meat, just say "No thank you." If they ask why, just tell them you are not eating meat. Let them snicker or scoff, the health benefits alone will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment