Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Decision

My husband and I have discussed the idea of going vegetarian for a long time, but we weren't sure we wanted to give up meat entirely. What if we wanted to have meat occasionally? I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that there was already a definition for a vegetarian who occasionally eats meat, she is called a flexitarian.

I am not sure where I will end up, only time will tell. Many people who become vegetarian's lose all desire to eat meat, maybe that is where I will be. Or maybe, for whatever reason, I will have fish, meat or chicken on the rare occasion. My husband and kids may end up in the same place or someplace different than I, and that is o.k.

We have made small efforts at going vegetarian in the past, but today we start the Vegetarian Times 28-Day Veg Boot Camp. So join on us on our journey. I will post about our feelings, why we made the decision to become vegetarians, our kids thoughts, and perhaps best of all, I will post the different recipes we try and what we think of them. After all, isn't what you are going to eat often one of the greatest concerns when becoming a vegetarian? And I will not only give you recipes that our family tries, but also up to five different opinions!

So join our journey, either as an observer or an active participant to becoming a vegetarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment