Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quick and Tasty Lunch

You know how some days you just need something quick and easy for lunch? Well, that was today. Right after taking Garrett to school I went on a 3 mile run. When I got back, Jeff said he was just getting ready to go on a bike ride. At first I wasn't going to go (I have plenty of other stuff that needs doing!). But after eating a banana and piece of wheat toast (I hadn't eaten before my run), and resting for about 10 minutes, I decided to join Jeff. It was a great ride across the Long Bridge and back, about 11 miles. Into a stiff wind there, and wind at our back coming home (thank goodness, because that is the up hill way!).

So, HUNGAR! Something that is great to have on hand are whole grain or multi-grain sandwich thins. We toasted them slightly, then topped them with left over tomato sauce or Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (great to have in hand, adds great flavor). Then top with whatever veggies you want and a little cheese (yes, it is like a mini pizza). Broil for a couple of minutes, and then eat. VERY YUMMY! So much so, that we didn't stop to take a picture.

1 comment: