Monday, May 23, 2011

One Week Down!

Well, it was one week yesterday since our family started on this little adventure, and it is going quite well! Speaking only for myself, I have not had any meat since we started, and I am not missing it AT ALL! I am excited about the change, and look forward to many of the benefits that eating this way can bring about. I know I haven't written about any of them yet, but I will get to it eventually. We tried so many new recipes last week that time just didn't permit much else. But this is a long term endeavor, so no worries!

The kids have been great, and very supportive. Though they are drastically cutting back on their meat consumption, they are not removing it completely from their diet. They are all old enough that they can (and should) make their own decisions in this type of matter (like you could force this on any teenager!). They have all enjoyed trying the new dishes, and been very willing - there have been no complaints or threats of mutiny. I think they are amused that we photograph all new dishes, and take it as a personal challenge to come up with an original quote when expressing their opinions on a meal.

I look forward to the upcoming week, it will be fun to see what we try. Though like any normal household, tonight we ate leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment